8.07.2007

Vertigo Sucks.

Last month I cancelled Slow Session because my Uncle Bob passed away. We just got the autopsy information back, and learned that he had some kind of a lymphoma -- a brain cancer. Additionally there was lots and lots of Alzheimer's plaque floating around in his brain. All of this could have made for a very unpleasant end of life. Instead, they think ultimately his brain suffocated. A bad fall knocked some of that plaque loose and blocked the blood/oxygen flow. On the whole, while I know it was plenty unpleasant for him and the rest of the family, we all got to say goodbye, and he was not kept lingering for too long.

Beginning on Saturday last, I woke up from a dream of Vertigo. I've dreamed a lot of vivid things, mostly wonderful, but on Saturday I woke up from a dream in which I HAD Vertigo. And, when I awoke, I did, in fact, HAVE Vertigo. Let's just say IT SUCKS. Right now I'm feeling pretty woozy, and wishing I hadn't come to work. Maybe they won't notice if I slide under the desk...Or hork on the floor....

Anyway, hopefully we'll have a session tomorrow. We're going to try for a "real" session this time. I think I'd like to have it be a "round robin" and let people start their sets of tunes. This is such an awesome group of people! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again....I just hope they have the good grace not to tilt to one side while I'm trying to talk to them....

Well, maybe I'll go lie down.

No comments: