10.08.2007

October Tune List

This month's Slow Session is in two days. Wednesday, Oct. 10 (My friend MaryAnn's birthday!) at 7:30 PM. $3, $4 if we make a lot of photocopies.

I'd like to propose, in the absence of last month's notes, that we work on Boys of Ballisodare and The Five Mile Chase (a couple of reels we should have been working on since August), the waltzes -- let's go over Josefin's, but also do the others listed on the Sept. list. Also, let's do Colerain jig, and, when people send me their replies from tonight's frantic e-mail request, I'll post up what people suggested.

I'm also doing a survey: "What were the first ten tunes you learned?" Please answer that by posting a reply to this post!

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody, and I'm pretty sure George will be back, as well as Karen White and hopefully Colleen!

Happy Fall Everyone! -- Hilary

2 comments:

David said...

First 10 tunes? Let's see...
Haste to the Wedding,
She Bag She Mohr (never did learn how to spell it),
Planxty Irwin,
Whiskey Before Breakfast,
Morrison's Jig,
Behind the Haystack (Munster Buttermilk),
Kesh jig,
Road to Lisdoonvarna,
Banish Misfortune,
and a waltz that I think is called Come Give Me Your Hand?

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Dave! I think it's Si Behg Si Mohr, but I could be wrong...
I'm trying desperately to remember what my first ten were -- I expect they would've been Bothy Band tunes that my teacher gave me.