4.06.2008

An Update...

Hey, Y'all -- I ran into a little bit of a speedbump in getting sound files up. So, until I get that solved, I'll just let you in on my plans for Wednesday.

We'll be working on:

  • Rose in the Heather (d) -- an old warhorse jig that we've done in the past, and
  • Henchy's Delight (g) -- this tune was recorded by the Aughrim Slopes Ceili Band in 1937. Henchy's might be a challenge for our accompanists, as it sounds a little "ish" as Eric likes to say.

We'll also be working on:

  • The Otter's Holt, a reel in D, composed by West Clare-man Martin "Junior" Crehan.

I think that's probably enough for this week, including the sets of session tunes we'll be going over, but I think we might want to try Byrne's Hornpipe as well.

I WILL bring sheet music to session on Wednesday, but in the meantime, try and dig up any version of the tunes listed above to run through before we get together, ok?

See you all very, very soon,

The Trad

No comments: